Sunday, May 15, 2016

Interview Reflection

          Interview Refection



         As of April 1st, Dayeesha and I have decided to start having a vegetarian diet. A vegetarian is a person who does not eat meat, and other animal products, especially for moral, religious, or health reasons. We went to the store to see what kinds of things we could eat to help us succeed with our task of becoming a vegetarian.
           Taylor is the one who gave us our inspiration on trying to be a vegetarian for a month. Last year in AP English, Taylor gave us a little presentation on what it was like to be a vegetarian and how it has changed her life. Dayeesha and I were amazed by how much it bettered her lifestyle and wanted to try and take on the tasks our self.
          A couple weeks ago Dayeesha and I came up with questions to ask Taylor about having a vegetarian lifestyle. These interview questions helped us on our blog to show the viewers a more in depth look on how being a vegetarian changes peoples lives drastically. One of our interview questions was "why did you give up meat?" This question is the most common question to ask someone who has given up meat. When asking Taylor this question she answered with, "I gave up meat because I started volunteering with animals more and I realized the harmful effects of meat production on the environment." when land is used to raise animals instead of crops, precious water and soil are lost, trees are cut down to make land for grazing or factory-farm sheds, and untreated animal waste pollutes rivers and streams. In fact, it has such a devastating effect on all aspects of our environment that the Union of Concerned Scientists lists meat-eating as the second-biggest environmental hazard facing the Earth. (http://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/how-does-eating-meat-harm-the-environment/)
      Another question I found to have to be very beneficial to the interview is "What was your diet like before you became a vegetarian, and how has becoming a vegetarian helped your life?" Taylor answered with, "Before I became a vegetarian I ate meat almost everyday and I didn't really pay attention to what I was eating. I probably didn't eat enough fruits or vegetables. Now I have a lot more energy than I did when I ate meat, I'm a lot more aware of what I am putting into my body and overall I just feel healthier. Interviewing Taylor had helped me understand more why people do become vegetarians and why most people should become vegetarians if they are already not.

No comments:

Post a Comment